Monday, February 06, 2006

A Very Blustery Day

We had a major storm here on Saturday. I had terrible nightmares the night before the storm after seeing a house with a floorplan similar to ours on the news that had an enormous tree fallen through it right where our bedroom is. At around 4am when the winds got strong I tried to take Kelly to sleep in the daylight basement, but she had a fit and dragged her blankie back upstairs to her bed. When it was finally light outside I was a little relieved to realize that the big firs next to our house are actually too close to get much momentum coming down, and also are rather smaller than the tree on the news and would probably not cleave the house in two. The power was off from about 8am to 8pm and we had one tree come down, which Kirk went out and took apart with the chainsaw. He did this while the wind was still blowing and had me nearly in tears with worry. It was all very nerve-wracking since a wind storm back in '87 nearly killed me. I respect the wind now...
I just listed this ATC last night. A couple of days ago I listed a Dachshund in waders doing a little fly-fishing. No nibbles yet, ha ha. I guess that one just has to appeal to the right person. I have a couple of ATC's on the drawing table, one is a long red doxie with a bow around its middle. I will use that one to make a Cafe Press greeting card - something like "heard you got a long little doggie!" I also have a couple of superhero dachshunds in the works.
I took my camera apart and broke it for good, so I spent an overly long time looking at camera review websites and decided in a Canon A620. I hope I get it in time for Kelly's birthday. Hopefully we can go to the zoo on my little Onion's special day. I picked up some watercolors and finger paints for her yesterday and plan to give letting her paint next to me a try. I also got her some big sticks of chalk, but she ate some of it. I wonder if her iron levels are low again? Maybe chalk just tastes good.

No comments: